YOUR LOCAL GUIDE
Amazing mountain passes
Speaking of Kyrgyzstan the first thing you learn about it is a mountainous country and therefore there are a lot of passes here. And a large number of them do not cancel the fact that the passes here are beautiful. Let's find out a little more about them. Travelling in Kyrgyzstan through passes that can be found here on almost any of your routes. It will be better to learn more about the places where you are going to travel. Here the common passes of the country:
- Kyzylart Pass is situated in the border between Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan with altitude 4 280 m above sea level. You can enjoy incredible panoramic view of glaciers and snow-capped peaks.
- Kalmak Ashuu Pass. It lays on the altitude 3 447 m above sea level. You can visit this pass from June till October, otherwise there is frozen kingdom.
- 33 parrots Pass has the altitude 3 133 m above sea level and from the top of the pass offers a simply grandiose view of the inner Tien Shan.
- Moldo Ashuu Pass is one of the most extreme passes in Kyrgyzstan. The best choice for those who like to get adrenaline. The altitude of this pass is 3243
- Dolon Pass is situated on the altitude 3 030 m. This is one of the most difficult roads to the Naryn city. There are beautiful views of the valley, the Tien Shan Mountain ranges and the snow caps of the glaciers.
- Chyiyrchyk Pass is one of the most important passes. The altitude of this pass is 2 400 m. In summer there a lot of cafes where you can taste traditional dishes and drinks.
- Too Ashuu Pass is located on the altitude 3 400 m. It was the most important pass in the ancient times.
- Tossor Pass is located on elevation of 3 893 m above sea level. It is pretty difficult to ride here. To make your drive easier take an off road car.
- Arabel Pass is one of the most dangerous places. Only off road cars can drive here and you will be needed the border zone permission.
- Torugart Pass is situated on the Kyrgyz-Chinese border. Many tourists cross Torugart, because this pass is part of the Great Silk Road tour. Many people prefer to travel on their own without the help of tour operators. But there may be problems. Technically, Torugart is open only to residents of Kyrgyzstan and China, but you can get permission in Urumchi. Or if you travel with us, we will prepare border permit.
Try to visit all of them – Good luck!
Please, read Feedback from my tourists here: Link.
Do you need a self-drive car? Click here: Link.